We are proud to have supplied products to the stunning and emotive build of the Battle of Britain Memorial Trust project ‘The Wing’.
The Spitfire inspired development, aptly named ‘The Wing’ will provide a high-tech exhibition and learning centre for visitors to the Battle of Britain Memorial Trust at the Capel-le-Ferne site. Situated on the famous white cliffs between Dover and Folkestone in Kent, the Memorial site is dedicated to Churchill’s “Few” who fought in the skies overhead to keep the country free from invasion.
Visqueen Building Products is recognised as the global leader in the development, production and supply of high performance, high quality construction materials including some of the industry’s best selling damp proof membranes, damp proof courses and gas barrier systems. Our materials were supplied to the main contractor of ‘The Wing’ development, EPPS Construction Ltd, through Anchor Bay Construction Products in Erith, one of our approved stocking centres.
During the preliminary stages of the build, Visqueen provided technical knowledge and expertise in specifying the correct damp protection system in accordance with building regulations. We will continue to work with EPPS and provide on-going technical support throughout the project until its successful completion. Support so far has included on-site installation demonstrations of Visqueen TorchON Tanking membrane, which was used on the vertical blockwork along the curved wall, and was then torch bonded to the Zedex DPC.
Products supplied to EPPS include:
- Visqueen Self Adhesive Membrane used above the RC slab as a high performance DPM. It was selected due to its ability to resist water tracking between the cement and the membrane
- Zedex CPT High Performance DPC together with Zedex Jointing Tape used to make the cavity trays and Zedex was also used as a horizontal DPC
- Zedex High Bond DPC used to waterproof the curved wall of the build and was also used at complex conjunctions
- Visqueen Torch On Tanking Membrane used on the vertical blockwork on the curved wall and was homogenously sealed to the High Bond DPC
- Visqueen HP Tanking Primer used on all concrete and blockwork substrates prior to membranes being installed.
‘The Wing’ development is on track for completion at the end of 2014.
Gary Brown of EPPS Construction Ltd said:
“Visqueen Building Products were on hand throughout the preliminary stages and all major intervals of this prestigious project to recommend, advise and support the progress of the build and to ensure that the correct products were used at all times. We have an ongoing relationship with Visqueen and EPPS only uses Visqueen High Performance DPC on our projects as it’s a product that we can rely on, with technical support at every stage. The completion of ‘The Wing’ later this year will provide an important visitor centre at the Battle of Britain Memorial site where the memory of the veterans can be kept alive for generations to come”.
For specification or technical advice, contact the team on 0845 302 4758 or send us your CAD details for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.